Structure fires in tight places present many tactical challenges to firefighters and officers. When wood-frame structures in particular are arranged in close proximity to one another, prompt size-up of the incident by the first-arriving officer is the critical first step to keeping the fire contained to the building of origin.
Though this video is less than 2 minutes long, it contains several good examples of those tactical challenges for your review.
- What tactical challenges are presented to the first-alarm personnel on the scene?
- What would be your size-up of the incident?
- What information would you communicate with your size-up radio report to your other responding resources?
- What would be your Incident Action Plan for this incident?
- What is your evaluation of the tactical operations that you see taking place in the video?
- What adjustments, if any, would you make if you were assuming command of this incident?