20 Great Oral Interview Questions
By Kim Alyn
- Tell us a little about yourself and how your education, training, and experience have qualified you for this position.
- What's an important value to you and give an example of how this value affects your life?
- Give an example of your loyalty to the fire department.
- Describe in your own words the key values of this fire department.
- What are three issues facing the fire service today?
- What is the weakest attribute you bring to this position and what have you done to overcome it?
- What is the biggest challenge you will face in your new position?
- What is your strongest attribute?
- How do you motivate others?
- What style of leadership have you adopted?
- What do you feel are the main roles and responsibilities of this position?
- How would you deal with a policy change from management that you disagree with?
- In your opinion, what is the one glaring deficiency in your department and is there anything you feel you can do in this new position to correct or alleviate this deficiency?
- How do you go about resolving conflict?
- Why should we select you over other candidates?.
- What do you bring to this position?
- Why do you want to promote?
- What does leading by example mean to you?
- What would your current supervisor say about you?
- What are your short and long range goals?