Make this page my home page
  1. Drag the home icon in this panel and drop it onto the "house icon" in the tool bar for the browser

2. Select "Yes" from the popup window and you're done!

Print Comment RSS

McDonald's worker fired after paying for firefighters' food

Heather Levia, 23, ordered 25 breakfast sandwiches and hash browns as a thank you for firefighters working nearby in sub-zero temperatures

WIVB

OLEAN, N.Y. — Heather Levia wanted to help first responders by giving them a warm meal on a cold day, but when she showed up to work the next morning she no longer had a job.

Levia, a 23-year-old single mom with twins, works two jobs and is putting herself through nursing school. During her morning shift as a manager at McDonald’s last week, while several local fire departments worked in sub-zero temperatures to put out a house fire, Levia says she saw a way to help. Olean firefighters ordered 25 breakfast sandwiches and hash browns, and Levia says she pulled $83 out of her pocket and paid for it herself.

“Just because I appreciate everything they do,” she explained. Then a little bit later, another department ordered $70 of food. Levia sent her boss a text message to see if the company would pay the tab. She thought they might because she claims they regularly give free meals to police officers who stop by.

Full story: McDonald’s worker fired after paying for food donation

Comments
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
Hakim Martin Hakim Martin Wednesday, February 19, 2014 9:15:14 AM As a mcdonalds manager and a volunteer fire fighter myself this story pisses me off. People please call 18882446227 that is the 800 # call McDonalds and tell them how this makes you feel
Mike Lapinski Mike Lapinski Wednesday, February 19, 2014 9:26:37 AM I Hope his Mcdonalds catches on fire and the FD takes the long way ! Then see how much sympathy is around.
Zachary Edwards Zachary Edwards Wednesday, February 19, 2014 9:30:14 AM no this is false see she hanged her story and the reason she was fired was because she didn't pay anything for them just gave them it for free and it was 2 other people who payed for that item! I know I just spoke with the McDonald's manager and they told me it all and if you would like to call them Hakim martin gave the wrong number the correct number is 716-372-4945
Zachary Edwards Zachary Edwards Wednesday, February 19, 2014 9:34:22 AM no this is false see she hanged her story and the reason she was fired was because she didn't pay anything for them just gave them it for free and it was 2 other people who payed for that item! I know I just spoke with the McDonald's manager and they told me it all and if you would like to call them Hakim martin gave the wrong number the correct number is 716-372-4945
Peg Richardson Peg Richardson Wednesday, February 19, 2014 9:36:29 AM I am glad the McDonald's in my area is not like this. We have had a couple of big fires over the years and they have been very giving. So it is not all McDonalds that behave in this manner.
Chuck Ortolano Chuck Ortolano Wednesday, February 19, 2014 9:39:37 AM I dislike McDonalds food anyhow!
Hakim Martin Hakim Martin Wednesday, February 19, 2014 9:40:02 AM Zack I've been with mcd since 93 the number i have is right it's mcd corp. Oh ya and it's on the cups we pass out. Now if she didn't pay for it then that's a whole other story.
Zachary Edwards Zachary Edwards Wednesday, February 19, 2014 9:40:52 AM no this is false she c hanged her story and the reason she was fired was because she didn't pay anything for them just gave them it for free and it was 2 other people who payed for that item! I know I just spoke with the McDonald's manager and they told me it all and if you would like to call them Hakim martin gave the wrong number the correct number is 716-372-4945
BarbaraandJeff Dresser BarbaraandJeff Dresser Wednesday, February 19, 2014 9:52:46 AM Where can I send the money. For God Sake I will pay every dime of both bills.. You better wake up and realize how hard these men and women work.. This really makes me Angry... Give me the address and the money will be sent today... And keep my name and address for all the rest of the bills that might be needed in the future for these men and women.. UNREAL JUST UNREAL
Traci Kelley Traci Kelley Wednesday, February 19, 2014 10:02:18 AM wth really what happened to paying it forward
Irene Magdalena Irene Magdalena Wednesday, February 19, 2014 10:10:59 AM That is mind blowing!!!!!
Alice Osburn Alice Osburn Wednesday, February 19, 2014 10:23:38 AM Shame on Olean McDonald's !!!!!!!
Zachary Edwards Zachary Edwards Wednesday, February 19, 2014 10:26:31 AM Irene Simental yes they need to do their research before they post stuff because it's slander! and they could get in trouble! if the mcdonalds contacted police!
Ovella Turner Ovella Turner Wednesday, February 19, 2014 10:31:04 AM McDonalds or any other food chain should willingly give free food to firefighters when they are fighting a fire. After all they never know when they will need them. Firefighters put their lives on the line for others. I am sure as much money as these companies make they can afford to give that little bit to help them out. Many times they are fighting those fires for hours. This is sad that this company does not feel the need to give to the community in this way. Would kind of be funny if that store lost that much in sales. What you think?
Hakim Martin Hakim Martin Wednesday, February 19, 2014 10:38:42 AM Due to the interview with the employee it is not slander on our part, and if mcd wanted to take action i would be willing to lead the fight first. My question question to you is who do you know that is at that mcd. Now for fyi mcd mccpo does a ton of things to help our communities, this mcd is a owner operator and he won't give any more reason of why they let her go. Researched done
Willard Ronald Sims Willard Ronald Sims Wednesday, February 19, 2014 10:44:23 AM I hope everyone hears about this and boycotts this McDonalds until they hire her back with full pay for the time she lost! I know I would picket them!
Herb Baumgarten Herb Baumgarten Wednesday, February 19, 2014 10:48:35 AM WTF!!!!! I will NOT Eat at Mcdonalds again Shame on Mcdonalds its common for Mcdonalds give the Police Free Food
BarbaraandJeff Dresser BarbaraandJeff Dresser Wednesday, February 19, 2014 10:56:46 AM Sorry but to me it does not matter who paid for what. It should have been FREE in the first place.. If it's all about Money, i will pay every dime for god sake.. Tell the manager that.. Send me the bill.. This is ridiculous I am sorry. She should not have been fired by any means even if she did not pay for it... Seems like people don't want to show respect to these very dedicated men and women UNTIL THEY HAVE TO COME TO THEIR HOUSE.... If you know this manager have them send me the bill..
Pat Maracle Pat Maracle Wednesday, February 19, 2014 11:04:16 AM Y'all need to elect her for POTUS!
Glennon Mayer Glennon Mayer Wednesday, February 19, 2014 11:05:09 AM This sounds like a maybe for the firefighter to boycott McDonalds if they don't like them. Let the police take the bribe.
Chris Hancock Chris Hancock Wednesday, February 19, 2014 11:07:26 AM Tell her to go to work for Chick fil a! They would have picked up the tab in a second!!
Zachary Edwards Zachary Edwards Wednesday, February 19, 2014 11:09:54 AM BarbaraandJeff Dresser lol I don't know the manager but I'll call them again and give em your address! your right it's stupid! but I believe the reason she was fired is because she lied about it! and maybe if she told the truth they wouldn't have fired her ass! your damn right they should have used it as a tax write-off!
Michael Graham Michael Graham Wednesday, February 19, 2014 11:12:53 AM McDonalds needs to GET REAL to fire someone for doing a GREAT thing Is Not SMART that manager needs to be Fired
Ed McDonald Ed McDonald Wednesday, February 19, 2014 11:14:27 AM As the grill master at the corssett Ar McDonalds and a Vol Firefighter im pissed on how the boss actted. My boss would not pull this shit on any dept in this county. He would have given both dept the food with out question. When we had a big fire in the county they gave us food free and made sure we got water and tea and anything eles we need..if he read what happened he would have beyond mad.
Jeff McGoye Jeff McGoye Wednesday, February 19, 2014 11:15:02 AM How many FF and family members eat at that McDonalds. Shame on you McDonalds
Garrett Moriarty Garrett Moriarty Wednesday, February 19, 2014 11:16:19 AM Zachary Edwards Uh no. No they couldn't. None of the Facebook posts here are slander. Even if it was-slander is a civil matter not a criminal one. The police would not/could not do anything
John Sboros John Sboros Wednesday, February 19, 2014 11:16:22 AM Are you kidding me!! They don't deserve to be in business!!! McDonalds should go out of business!!!
Mary Davidson Mary Davidson Wednesday, February 19, 2014 11:17:22 AM CShame on MacDonalds you deserve an F Maybe your McDonalds should be on fire cause it's a shameful McDonald no good deed gose unpunished
Kevin Pendergast Kevin Pendergast Wednesday, February 19, 2014 11:17:38 AM how does he sleep at night!
Liz Waters Liz Waters Wednesday, February 19, 2014 11:17:59 AM Clearly this isn't an accurate story, given the explanations people have submitted. Why are we always so quick to condemn folks without getting the whole story? The fast food chains, including McDonalds, in Louisville, KY have always been more than generous to the local firefighters.
Kathy Conner Tommasi Kathy Conner Tommasi Wednesday, February 19, 2014 11:18:04 AM That's stupid they deserve free food!! At all restaurants!!
Tracy Buchwalter Tracy Buchwalter Wednesday, February 19, 2014 11:18:57 AM No but the one that does gives all of McDonald's a bad name!!!! If this manager gave them free food then bravo to her!!!! and shame on the owner of that McDonald's!!!! I hope he never needs their help!!!
Jeff McGoye Jeff McGoye Wednesday, February 19, 2014 11:19:23 AM I remember a time when I was a volunteer FF that a girl from 7-11 gave us donuts. She was fired. The area was a small town maybe between the two towns 6000 people. Must fire company tied too. Lot of business was lost.
Jenn Tecce Jenn Tecce Wednesday, February 19, 2014 11:21:45 AM That is so wrong. What is wrong with that manager?
Larry Ramsdell Larry Ramsdell Wednesday, February 19, 2014 11:23:11 AM My McDonald's always donates during big fires. its their competitor here that wont do it. They gave us a 10% discount. It had to be paid in cash or credit card, no checks.
Ron Tubbs Ron Tubbs Wednesday, February 19, 2014 11:24:46 AM I called the 716 number and was told by the manager that she was let go because she was saying that she paid for them and actually other employees paid for them, I told this manager that Mcdonalds in other areas did not make any one or employees pay to help give a warm meal to Firefighters that are working in sub zero temps and that she ( The manager I talked to should feel ashamed and should not only apoligize but also give her the job back and also McDonalds should now pay for her education ) please call the 716-372-4945 and follow suit
David Canter David Canter Wednesday, February 19, 2014 11:28:30 AM ya i will not eat at Mc Donalds no matter what it is. I don't like there food that much and the fries gets hard and cold very fast and to me if the girl payed for the food her self to give to feed fire men then that was her right to do so it didn't come out of MC donalds pocket what ever the story maybe THERE GOING TO MAKE IT HER FAULT No matter what is said
Matt Festoff Matt Festoff Wednesday, February 19, 2014 11:30:24 AM Know what would be smart for another company in the community? Hire her. How's that for getting a good hearted worker and publicity in the process.
Cheryl Lamerson Cheryl Lamerson Wednesday, February 19, 2014 11:31:43 AM Outrageous! And maybe not legal, too.
Gayle Young Gayle Young Wednesday, February 19, 2014 11:36:47 AM This stinks!
Bob Dodrill Bob Dodrill Wednesday, February 19, 2014 11:38:05 AM Just saw this on another site. I hope she ends up with a better position than the one she left. Way to go girl.
Richard Loper Richard Loper Wednesday, February 19, 2014 11:40:12 AM WOW SHAME SHAME SHAME ON YOU MC DONALDS BOYCOT
David James Paton David James Paton Wednesday, February 19, 2014 11:42:54 AM This McDonalds are need a kick up the ass
Sarah Kahle Sarah Kahle Wednesday, February 19, 2014 11:45:39 AM Did you ever stop to think that just maybe, the managers there have been told what to say if they are questioned about this situation?? Were you there? Do you work there? NO. You're not even from around here. How dare you even say what this woman said is false. There are only a few people who know the truth, the workers and the management. Eventually, the truth will come out as to what happened. Either way, if she paid, or not. McDonald's should be ashamed for not helping out the community, by something so small, as giving out breakfast sandwiches to the men and women putting their lives on the line. The day this happened it was FREEZING outside. The firemen got fed, so either way, she did something right in my eyes.
Rene Irick Rene Irick Wednesday, February 19, 2014 11:47:23 AM McDonald's Headquarters and Corporate offices are located in the USA. The address is below: McDonalds Corporate Office Headquarters HQ in the USA: One McDonald's Plaza Oak Brook, IL 60523 USA Corporate Phone Number: 1-630-623-3000 Corporate Fax Number: 1-630-623-5700 Corporate Email: info@mcdonalds.com Corporate Stock Symbol: MCD
Greg Gardner Greg Gardner Wednesday, February 19, 2014 11:48:25 AM 1-800-244-6227 7 days a week 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. CST McDonald's Corporation, 2111 McDonald's Dr., Oak Brook, IL 60523 as a retired FF/EMT-IV i will never eat there again lets keep this going don't matter if she paid for it or not,to lose your job over doing the right thing and being nice to few departments whom you may need one day
Sarah Kahle Sarah Kahle Wednesday, February 19, 2014 11:50:37 AM Zachary Edwards No offense, but you're calling someone a liar based on what a manager at the McDonald's told you. Stop and think, MAYBE, the manager didn't tell you the truth? Maybe the manager was told what to say by the owner? By others? Who knows?? You certainly don't, as much as I do. You're out here throwing the word slander around, well, if you're calling someone a liar, who may or may not be. . that's just as bad. Stop and think before posting.
David Frensemeier David Frensemeier Wednesday, February 19, 2014 11:50:44 AM I hate to hear a story like this. I am a volunteer firefighter and emt in Brown County IN and we love our McDonalds. They are always there for us with hot food and coffee when we have a big fire. I hope this McDonalds learns something from the other stores in the chain.
Jackie Meggitt Jackie Meggitt Wednesday, February 19, 2014 11:53:36 AM We won't be eating at McDonalds again.
Naleen Barchuk Naleen Barchuk Wednesday, February 19, 2014 11:54:42 AM Unreal! This young lady was helping FF outside in cold weather risking there lives to help another in a community but when a community run resturant was asked to help they said"NO" but if they needed help they would exspect them to say "YES". Jerks! Yea give the Police free food but not FireFighters ah!
Yvonne Renee Hill Yvonne Renee Hill Wednesday, February 19, 2014 11:54:46 AM yes it is really sad. my husband is a firefighter risking his life everyday to. asked at a restaurant if they gave ff discounts. only 10 percent they said. only police officers get 50 percent. totally unfair and unjust.
Sarah Kahle Sarah Kahle Wednesday, February 19, 2014 11:55:29 AM Vicki Vanes-Fauconniere It's an Owner Operated Store. I have worked for another Owner Operated McDonald's in the past in Erie, PA and I can tell you, when it came to those people such as police officers, emt's, firefighters, we ALWAYS helped out. The store in Olean honestly has to be one of the most poorly managed McDonalds I have ever been in. We actually were just there for lunch a few days ago. It was dirty. The food wasn't near the temperature it was supposed to be served at. We waited in line for 15 mins before even having our order taken. The place is nothing, but a joke.
Shirley Durham Schulz Shirley Durham Schulz Wednesday, February 19, 2014 11:55:52 AM this is so sad what the heck is the matter with people
John Watson John Watson Wednesday, February 19, 2014 11:58:59 AM Pathetic. I guess only people who don't work and are complete scumbags should get free stuff? What a joke. This place is worthless. McDonalds should be ashamed of themselves.
Brian Henderson Brian Henderson Wednesday, February 19, 2014 12:01:35 PM Thinking I have had my last McDonald's burger, etc. So proud of that young woman. Where is undercover boss when you need him.
Zander Paul Zander Paul Wednesday, February 19, 2014 12:04:51 PM This is so crazy this woman did a great thing to say thanks and she gets fired! People we need more people like this share this to face book and get her job back. McDonald's should be ashamed of this action.
Kathy Feinen Keddie Kathy Feinen Keddie Wednesday, February 19, 2014 12:09:22 PM Zachary Edwards I think you have some of your facts wrong
Antony Kontostanos Antony Kontostanos Wednesday, February 19, 2014 12:11:09 PM Zachary Edwards you are so sure she lies because the manager told you that ??? did you think maybe he followed the company so as not to loose his job ? and how did she hang her story in the video I can hear crystal clear she paid the first bill and when the company denied the second she raised money with 2 co workers
Chad Gonyea Chad Gonyea Wednesday, February 19, 2014 12:11:26 PM Zachary Edwards fu Mcdonalds sucks
Kathy Feinen Keddie Kathy Feinen Keddie Wednesday, February 19, 2014 12:12:25 PM if you got your info from McDonalds, they are changing their story. They say she was fired for swearing .... or arguing - she said "freaking"
Brandon Burlingame Brandon Burlingame Wednesday, February 19, 2014 12:13:00 PM All of us need to boycott Mcdonalds unless they higher her back.
Erik Reinholz Erik Reinholz Wednesday, February 19, 2014 12:19:21 PM There is no respect among most people anymore. That's why we have all these assholes called teenagers running around beating up, shooting and killing people every day. It starts at a young age......but no, don't spank your kids. That's abuse. Just let them grow up to be violent convicts that don't think they should be responsible for their own actions. That's much better! Dumbasses...
Kathy Feinen Keddie Kathy Feinen Keddie Wednesday, February 19, 2014 12:20:06 PM you're an idiot Zach. MicDonald's or you are changing the story and you keep putting the same crap out there
Pernell Beimel Pernell Beimel Wednesday, February 19, 2014 12:28:08 PM that girl should have her job back get compensated and get employee of the year
Zachary Edwards Zachary Edwards Wednesday, February 19, 2014 12:28:53 PM Sarah Kahle maybe they are coached, but they might not be, the World may never know! all I knwo is that mcdonalds are cheap bitches! they should be kicked outta the USA!
Zachary Edwards Zachary Edwards Wednesday, February 19, 2014 12:31:38 PM Kathy Feinen Keddie maybe I am an idiot! so what? you got probs come look me up! at 37 walnut st Girard PA 16417! and we will settle it here in the parking lot lol fuck it you will not show the fuck up and you aint even worth the energy it takes to type!
Russell Smithson Russell Smithson Wednesday, February 19, 2014 12:37:43 PM bunch of jerks.. a multi billion dallor company cant even sare $70 to help the good guys? mmm sounds like they need to be fired
Al Pruden Al Pruden Wednesday, February 19, 2014 12:38:02 PM Fuck McDonald's! I'll take my business to Burger King,food tastes better anyway, and I hope the people in the community let McDonald's know by boycotting the business...Our volunteers are thr front line of defense against disaster,and that woman who worked and payed for the first meals...My hat and heart goes out to you young Lady,YOU are a true Angel, I hope you find a more deserving occupation soon!
Jim Monheim Kristin Brinkmann Jim Monheim Kristin Brinkmann Wednesday, February 19, 2014 12:38:04 PM I HOPE PEOPLE RELIZE SOON THAT SHE WASNT FIRED FOR BUYING THE FOOD SHE WAS FIRED FOR GOING AROUND HER BOSS TO ACHIEVE A DIFFERENT ANSWER AND THEN WHEN IT WASNT THE ANSWER SHE LIKED SHE GOT PISSY WITH THE CORP. OFFICE
Juan Valle Juan Valle Wednesday, February 19, 2014 12:41:32 PM Arguing over GIVING a meal to someone who risks their life for you? REALLY? How about every food establishment in every city/state form a order to who is going to provide nourishment for these men/women after they have saved your community! Its not ONE home they are saving! It could easily be all our homes! If need be why not put donation jars in all the establishments, I know the PATRONS would donate to feed the responders! JS
Daniel Mayberry Daniel Mayberry Wednesday, February 19, 2014 12:41:55 PM Zachary Edwards. So what If she gave them some food for free. Whats your safety and your family's safety worth to you. A few chep ass MacD's? So we fire a single mother MacD"s can kiss my fire fightin ass.
Fidget Lassman Fidget Lassman Wednesday, February 19, 2014 12:42:05 PM I think Its false I believe since she was a manager she "gave" them the food and didn't get permission before doing so, and than when it says she asked the manager is she could give another dept free food she was probably really trying to cover for the other free food she gave away without asking and she got fired, McDonald's wouldn't jeopardize the franchise by wrongfully firing her because so many emt/ff/police officers etc would refuse to eat there! People are trying to make a mountain out of nothing just so she can get attention and hopefully some idiots will pay for her school buy her a house etc for sympathy, of course they had to put "Levia, a 23-year-old single mom with twins, works two jobs and is putting herself through nursing school"
Kathy Feinen Keddie Kathy Feinen Keddie Wednesday, February 19, 2014 12:46:31 PM Zachary Edwards OMG! you are an idiot. Tough guy! Sorry, but I don't go looking for trouble. I actually volunteer my time to help people.
Betty Kelly Hesse Betty Kelly Hesse Wednesday, February 19, 2014 12:47:35 PM The person responsible for firing this girl gets the 'ASSHOLE OF THE YEAR AWARD" hands down. Hope the Fire Dept.'s phone is BUSY if this Mc Donalds ever has a need for them :)
Sarah Kahle Sarah Kahle Wednesday, February 19, 2014 12:47:35 PM Zachary Edwards I'm just wondering why you even cared enough to call the store, talk to someone, then put on blast everything that the manager told you is "right"?? I hate the fact that you were pretty much calling someone a liar when you don't know the truth, but I would never go to the extent of calling a store like that cause frankly, it isn't any of my business. But, I will stick up for people when I think someone is not judging a situation or a person fairly. I think if any business had BAD publicity, such as this situation, the owner, or even a PR person would definitely have a meeting with the managers and tell them what is to be said and what is not. They're trying to save face. I know if I were the owner, I'd be doing the same thing.
Sarone A Kennedy Sr Sarone A Kennedy Sr Wednesday, February 19, 2014 12:48:54 PM No matter what, they should have supported her and the staff in their decision. The positive press that they would have received would have been better than having people around the world hear this and decide not to eat at McDonald's. The idea that the woman was fired for swearing at a superior is just an excuse to fire her and intimidate others.
TerriandBryce Bechtel TerriandBryce Bechtel Wednesday, February 19, 2014 12:49:13 PM I am the president of our area fire fighter auxiliary and I have contacted our local McDonald's for donations for our firefighters during long fires and have always been told that they can't donate without corporate approval first. I don't have time to wait for that when I'm trying to feed hungry firefighters during emergency situations.
Sarah Kahle Sarah Kahle Wednesday, February 19, 2014 12:50:03 PM Zachary Edwards Seriously, though, what you said to Kathy was uncalled for. You are speaking on here like a neanderthal. And you just proved it even further by what you just said. I'm assuming you're just a kid, but seriously, smarten up and grow up a bit.
James Jones James Jones Wednesday, February 19, 2014 12:50:28 PM Is that how you talk about the girls that work at the Girard Mcdonalds.
Tim Davidson Tim Davidson Wednesday, February 19, 2014 12:53:15 PM As a Retired Firefighter/FirePolice officer. McDonalds would never give us any free food! The places that did were Burger King, Harrdes and Pizza Hut. These places were more that happy to help and we always appricated it. Forgot Turkey Hill for Coffee and Hot Chocolate.
Richard Black Richard Black Wednesday, February 19, 2014 12:55:08 PM So, I know for a fact that police officers receive free food, maybe not all the time, but most of the time.. I understand that police officers are very important, BUT what about Fire and EMS folks? We save lives and put our lives in harm's way just as police do. Why do they receive benefits and we fire/EMS folks don't? Point A) Police are paid, VOLUNTEER firefighters aren't. That's money out of our pockets with no potential refund, as police officers receive a paycheck. Point B) McDonald's chain is made of millions, and probably billions.. Why couldn't they give a couple sandwiches to some people who are actually out doing good for someone. 2 weeks ago the local Sheetz provided free coffee and donuts to firefighters who were working a structure fire in the frigid temperatures for hours, their only request that if someone could come pick it up as they had no means of getting it there (no problem). If Sheetz can do it why can't McDonalds..
Kathy Feinen Keddie Kathy Feinen Keddie Wednesday, February 19, 2014 12:58:15 PM you really are quite pathetic. I do hope you are just the garbage man and not a firefighter with A.f. Dobler Hose & Ladder Co - I would hate to think of you in the same category as me. And I think it would be very appropriate if you lost your job ..... over your ridiculous comments
Scott Bisset Scott Bisset Wednesday, February 19, 2014 1:00:53 PM McDonalds should be ashamed....maybe boycotted. They should reinstate her and praise her for her compassion and initiative. I won't eat at any McDonald's until I hear of this happening. Her good deeds reflect wonderfully on McDonald's, her store and herself. McDonald's actions are deplorable.
Catrina Dunn Catrina Dunn Wednesday, February 19, 2014 1:01:19 PM It's reached the UK ,wow this is unbelievable firefighters and police get free food/drinks here so I find this astonishing in the USA.
Charles Shapley Charles Shapley Wednesday, February 19, 2014 1:02:14 PM I fell the same way mike after 19 year firemen
Peggy Steinhilber Peggy Steinhilber Wednesday, February 19, 2014 1:03:01 PM Boycott McDonalds. They never donate anything in our town. Terrible company.
Debbie Henderson Debbie Henderson Wednesday, February 19, 2014 1:08:01 PM Sarah Kahle a sarah, take the time to check out Zachary Edwards homepage. I guess he goes to church and all. Seems to me me he would be ashamed of some of the language that I have seen on here. I would hate to know I had posted some of it...
Stacy Johnston Reagle Stacy Johnston Reagle Wednesday, February 19, 2014 1:09:59 PM Funny how the media broadcasts a sad story like this and all of a sudden Corporate claims she was fired for something else(probably for unemployment reasons).. so typical.Everyone should boycott this place... who cares who paid for the food as long as it was paid for.. sounds fishy to me, I just hope this thoughtful young lady finds a job way better than that sh*thole....Shame on you McDonalds!!!!
Jim Barrett Jim Barrett Wednesday, February 19, 2014 1:10:35 PM this is bullshit if i was her i would hire a good lawyer and she would own all the mcdonalds
Paul Sandella Paul Sandella Wednesday, February 19, 2014 1:11:41 PM Maybe someone in either of those fire departments can get a good job for her ? ! Also the FDs should boycott that McDonalds
Paul Jordan Paul Jordan Wednesday, February 19, 2014 1:12:06 PM I wasn't there. I don't know what happened. However, I was a Volunteer Firefighter for 39 years and, on several occasions we were given coffee, or drinks to refresh our men. The story said she paid the first bill, but employees got together and paid the other bill. Firefighters, Police Officers, EMT's, Power company workers, etc. deserve anything they are given for the work that is done to protect their communities.
Tim Davidson Tim Davidson Wednesday, February 19, 2014 1:14:59 PM Forgot to add Wendy's also for supplying food.
David Charles David Charles Wednesday, February 19, 2014 1:15:38 PM I'm sorry, but there's obviously some questionable pieces in this story and for those of you who think it would be nice if the business burnt to the ground, grow the fuck up, since when do we expect handouts? If we needed the meal our relief assoc could pick up the tab, a mcdonalds franchise is generally owned by a small business person, they're not all corporate restaraunts. Nobody deserves to loose anything because they decided to not hand out free meals, the girl very well may have infact given the food on the companies dime and the media is just trying to stir up some shit. Check yourselves, you should be disgraced as an emergency responder to wish harm on anybody regardless of whatever they have done.
David Charles David Charles Wednesday, February 19, 2014 1:16:35 PM You shouldn't wish that upon anybody, you should be ashamed to call yourself an emergency responder.
Eddie Teal Eddie Teal Wednesday, February 19, 2014 1:20:24 PM I'll drive to Burger King now....
Zachary Edwards Zachary Edwards Wednesday, February 19, 2014 1:22:51 PM David Charles I am not a emergency responder! I am a social member! so I do not claim I am An Emergency responder! I do have cpr tho but I only take care of trash! karmas a bitch it will get you one way or another!
Jake Jablonsky Jake Jablonsky Wednesday, February 19, 2014 1:23:50 PM I hope if mcdonald's ever has a fire, that they firefighters can get there quickly enough to cool off the foundation....
David Charles David Charles Wednesday, February 19, 2014 1:25:09 PM You should still be ashamed of wishing this upon anybody.
Zachary Edwards Zachary Edwards Wednesday, February 19, 2014 1:27:44 PM David Charles well it probably wouldn't be the first time I have seen it! I mean I live in Erie county and they tapped my station 54 for a person ill at hunter-jacks in Girard, and come to find out it wasn't the Girard Hunter-jacks it was the Erie Hunter-jacks! and I don't wish that on anyone! I just saying wouldn't that be horrible if it happened like that!
Tony White Tony White Wednesday, February 19, 2014 1:28:40 PM i think eveybody should stop going to Mc Donalds............... GO BURGER KING!!!!!

FireRescue1 Offers

Community

Connect with FireRescue1

Mobile Apps Facebook Twitter Google+

Get the #1 Fire eNewsletter

Fire Newsletter Sign up for our FREE email roundup of the top news, tips, columns, videos and more, sent 3 times weekly
Enter Email
See Sample