KNOXVILLE, Tenn. — A report in October from a Knoxville fire captain stated the city-contracted mulch operation Shamrock Organic Products was "overloaded with material," and in April the huge mulch piles there caught fire and burned for a week.
"The captain probably should have called the inspections bureau," said Knoxville Fire Department spokesman DJ Corcoran.
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.