Ill. firefighters rescue man trapped during fire
Nine fire departments were dispatched to fight the blaze
By Stan Golovchuk
GLENVIEW, Ill. — The Glenview Fire Department, with help from nine nearby fire departments, rescued a man trapped on a balcony during a Saturday night fire at 3521 Central Rd. The man was treated at Lutheran General Hospital and released. The fire caused no other injuries, the Glenview Fire Department reported.
At about 9:50 p.m. on Saturday night, dispatch received multiple 9-1-1 calls reporting smoke and fire at the west Glenview apartment building. Responding fire fighters reported heavy smoke and flames coming from a third floor apartment, with one occupant trapped on the balcony.
The occupant was removed using a ground ladder and a subsequent search for other victims found none. The fire was deemed an accident that started in the kitchen, based on investigations and interviews done by the fire department and the Cook County Sheriff's department.
Full story: Fire Department Rescues Man Trapped During Fire
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.