MARTINSVILLE, Va. — The Martinsville Volunteer Fire Company responded to a structure fire on Woodland Terrace Wednesday evening — but with snow falling heavily throughout the township, that was no easy ordeal.
According to Bill Rose, with the fire company, a call came in to the department around 8:30 p.m. about a structure fire caused by a generator. He said the owner of the home had placed a plastic shed between his generator and the house — the shed caught on fire, and set the siding on the house on fire as well.
But with about 8 inches of snow having already fallen in Martinsville at that point, Rose said, even the four-wheel drive on the department's vehicle had trouble navigating.
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.