OXON HILL, Md. — A Maryland man pulled from his burning Oxon Hill home by firefighters has died of his injuries.
A Prince George's County fire spokesman said the man died Sunday afternoon. The man, whose identity was not immediately released, was pulled from his home in the 5100 block of Boulder Drive around 5:30 a.m. Sunday. He was taken to the hospital with burns and smoke inhalation injuries.
The man's wife was also taken to the hospital with symptoms of smoke inhalation. Officials said she was in fair condition.
Investigators believe the cause of the fire may have been a kerosene space heater.
It took 30 firefighters approximately 15 minutes to extinguish the blaze. The fire caused more than $50,000 in damage.