BOURNEMOUTH, England — A woman who ran back into a burning flat to save three hamsters has been slammed by fire crews.
She was initially led to safety after her kitchen caught fire from a fault in her tumble drier.
Fire chief Steve Waller said: "People should not go back and try and rescue pets as they will put themselves at great personal risk. She was very lucky."
One of her pets died in the blaze on Sunday in Bournemouth.
The woman was treated for smoke inhalation.
Copyright 2013 MGN Ltd.
All Rights Reserved