FITCHBURG, Mass. — Three families displaced by a natural gas explosion Tuesday night at the nearby Victory Auto Parts are not expected to be allowed back in their homes until sometime next week, the building inspector said Wednesday. Meanwhile, the gas company says the area is now safe.
The state fire marshal's office ruled that the explosion Tuesday at 214 Lunenburg St. was caused by an accidental leak from a natural gas pipeline. The explosion, which occurred shortly after 5 p.m., shook homes and business in the densely populated area.
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.