Make this page my home page
  1. Drag the home icon in this panel and drop it onto the "house icon" in the tool bar for the browser

  2. Select "Yes" from the popup window and you're done!

Print Comment RSS

Volunteer fire dept. to bill for services

The fees for service are needed to off set rising costs

By Sam Jackson
The Martinsville Bulletin

PATRICK COUNTY, W.Va. — Patrick County Emergency Services plans to begin billing for certain fire incidents Jan. 1, according to a release from the county EMS.

Services that will be billed include the fire department’s responses to house and vehicle fires and accidents, the release said. Fees typically will range from $100 to $1,000, and the cost will be determined by the nature of the call as well as the time and materials needed, the release said.

According to Patrick County Emergency Management Coordinator Steve Allen, the decision to bill for services is due in part to the rising costs of maintaining volunteer emergency services.

Full story: Patrick to bill for fires

The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
No comments

FireRescue1 Offers

Fire Department Management
Fire Department Management

Sponsored by

Connect with FireRescue1

Mobile Apps Facebook Twitter Google+

Get the #1 Fire eNewsletter

Fire Newsletter Sign up for our FREE email roundup of the top news, tips, columns, videos and more, sent 3 times weekly
Enter Email
See Sample