Chicago Fire: Watch the premiere online

The first episode of NBC's new firefighter drama Chicago Fire is now available to watch online a week before it premieres on TV.

The firefighter drama will explore the lives of Chicago firefighters and paramedics from responding to calls to dealing with their personal lives.

Directed by Law & Order visionary, Dick Wolf, producers say the show will be a mixture of realistic firefighting action, drama, and humor. Check out the pilot below or you can watch it live on NBC, Oct. 10 at 10pm Eastern.

Comments
Chip Dickert Chip Dickert Thursday, October 04, 2012 2:25:26 PM For the love of God shave your freaking face and tuck in your shirt. Worst firefighting show ever.
Keith Dutton Keith Dutton Thursday, October 04, 2012 2:27:42 PM I made it to the first commercial break..... and won't be watching any more of it......
Fred Burt Fred Burt Thursday, October 04, 2012 2:29:25 PM Haven't watched it yet.
Cody Allen Thomas Cody Allen Thomas Thursday, October 04, 2012 2:31:21 PM Its better than Rescue Me.
Chris Lear Chris Lear Thursday, October 04, 2012 2:35:48 PM this is goin to be a great show.
Lenny Johnson Lenny Johnson Thursday, October 04, 2012 2:40:48 PM That good, huh? LOL.
Chris Lear Chris Lear Thursday, October 04, 2012 2:41:52 PM this is not just about firefighters its about their lives to.
Matt Fox Matt Fox Thursday, October 04, 2012 2:44:45 PM kinda has that rescue me feel to it but I will still watch it.
Rick Cook Rick Cook Thursday, October 04, 2012 3:05:14 PM Maybe some day they will make a show with more realistic scene....watched till the first brerak. This isn't it. Have they ever heard of c-spine?
Steve Piper Steve Piper Thursday, October 04, 2012 3:09:40 PM Good show. Obviously not a documentary, but a good show none the less.
Matthew Sellers Matthew Sellers Thursday, October 04, 2012 3:25:56 PM just wish this was available to watch in the UK :(
Kevin Thaxton Kevin Thaxton Thursday, October 04, 2012 3:26:51 PM yes its about fire fighter but it more about family then fire not bad ill watch it again.
Michael Hackley Michael Hackley Thursday, October 04, 2012 3:33:19 PM AWESOME!
Max Duryee Max Duryee Thursday, October 04, 2012 3:43:36 PM Not bad. I'll watch it for at least a few episodes. Ask those scruffy looking dragasses to quit spending their money on beer and buy a pack of razor blades.
Kathryn Auger Sjaastad Kathryn Auger Sjaastad Thursday, October 04, 2012 3:51:31 PM I agree, I am a volunteer at our local Fire Department and our fire fighters never look like the people on the show.
Natasha Jones Natasha Jones Thursday, October 04, 2012 4:07:32 PM It starts on sky Atlantic at the end of this month
Austin Schmitt Austin Schmitt Thursday, October 04, 2012 4:43:43 PM A few things they need to work on before it can be great. But it's good.
Josh Rogers Josh Rogers Thursday, October 04, 2012 5:27:13 PM THIS SHOW SUCKS! If your're going to do a show about fire and ems...... RIDE WITH THE REAL EMS AND FIREFIGHTERS!
Michael Hackley Michael Hackley Thursday, October 04, 2012 5:28:13 PM TOTALLY AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!
Aaron Pickar Aaron Pickar Thursday, October 04, 2012 5:38:31 PM I'm a reserve firefighter and some of the guys including me have visible tattoos and some have mustaches. Their is nothing wrong with the appearance we all fight fires the same. We're all one family so why does it matter how they look? This is going to be a great firefighting show. Way better than rescue me. Plus the medics are sexy in this show haha
Christi Juneau Christi Juneau Thursday, October 04, 2012 6:17:34 PM Can't wait to see the rest! This is what we do and it effects us.
Danny Thomas Danny Thomas Thursday, October 04, 2012 6:37:18 PM I cant wait! Got it set on my direct tv, to record the series.
Charlie Bradley Charlie Bradley Thursday, October 04, 2012 7:22:46 PM OK..So we know better but they have to sell this to the non firefighting folks. How many times I wanted to yell at the TV while watching Rescue Me but you have to let them have some poetic license. I will continue to watch, fight fires and beat on chests..
David Paronett David Paronett Thursday, October 04, 2012 8:08:39 PM outstanding
Kerrie Johnson Neumann Kerrie Johnson Neumann Thursday, October 04, 2012 9:07:00 PM I like it... only bad thing about watching it, is I catch myself critiquing the way they do certain things. I enjoyed it, cant wait for more.
Navarre Marshall Navarre Marshall Thursday, October 04, 2012 9:36:10 PM I like it. I just hope that the ratings go up so that there will be multiple seasons.
Jim Carley Jim Carley Thursday, October 04, 2012 11:00:19 PM wouldn't play for me at all.
Marco Cocchi Marco Cocchi Thursday, October 04, 2012 11:31:26 PM Not available from Europe! pork... (seeking a work-around :)).
Bryan Perry Bryan Perry Friday, October 05, 2012 1:18:12 AM Not sure how this will play out. Kinda seems like a mix between trauma and rescue me. Why is it that no writer of these shows knows what C-Spine is. I will continue to watch it to see if it gets better.
Eric Hoover Eric Hoover Friday, October 05, 2012 4:39:57 AM This is going to be one Hell of a show and the last little bit that it showed from the coming season I know what I am going to be watching this season.
Paul Taylor Paul Taylor Friday, October 05, 2012 7:56:25 AM I know right. In the fire service for 19 years and have never heard a medic tell some one to turn their head after a crash. REALLY??? Come on!!!
Paul Taylor Paul Taylor Friday, October 05, 2012 8:19:25 AM Michael, go over to the MFIR building and ask them if its "Totally Awesome" I am guessing the instructors would have many issues with it. As a Proboard Instructor, Officer and Rescue Tech I know it's not. But could be!!
Max Duryee Max Duryee Friday, October 05, 2012 8:38:21 AM The proper fit of SCBA is affected by facial hair. In addition, I expect firefighters to be held to a "higher standard". YMMV
Larry Scofield Larry Scofield Monday, October 08, 2012 7:29:16 AM Clicked the link, but nothing happens, just the NBC Peacock. Did they pull the show already?
Jeremy R Belanger Jeremy R Belanger Monday, October 08, 2012 12:24:07 PM honestly id rather watch youtube video of real firefighters doing there job its as real as it gets unless your a firefighter like me but love watching my fellow fireman heading the call be safe guys and gales out there.
Aaron Lande Aaron Lande Monday, October 08, 2012 2:55:15 PM looks good, might have to do some more research on the technical stuff as like I have seen in some of the comments below and I too was thinking it, not to often we tell people to move their heads after a car crash and little things like the mother of the car crash just gets out after they remove the door. so I say more work on technical but otherwise looks to be a great show!
Betty Grell Betty Grell Friday, October 12, 2012 3:19:57 PM Needs to be more realistic.on medical procedure, fire fighting.fire radio lingo, may-day call.Size up of fire builing, box alarm, still alarm, 2-11 ect.radio traffic with dispatcher-main and englewood.
Larry Scofield Larry Scofield Wednesday, October 17, 2012 9:01:14 PM Watched part of the show tonight. I won't be watching much in the future because it is too badly inaccurate. In about ten minutes I saw: 1. The firefighter supposedly laying out the hose has it upside down over his shoulder so it will not pay out, only become tangled. 2. The LT entered a confined space without SCBA.
Larry Scofield Larry Scofield Wednesday, October 17, 2012 9:05:16 PM 3. The LT brought no medical equipment along to treat the injured & trapped victim. 4. No medic went to the victim to treat him. 5. The LT supposedly performed a field amputation with a sawzall, but without an IV, without any medications, without help from a medic.
Larry Scofield Larry Scofield Wednesday, October 17, 2012 9:05:44 PM Only thing realistic was that the patient died.
Larry Scofield Larry Scofield Wednesday, October 17, 2012 9:07:45 PM A little later the showed the CFD removing a car door with the jaws and a K12, but no patient protection. And the door magically came away without damage!
Alejandro Villaseca Konekamp Alejandro Villaseca Konekamp Wednesday, October 24, 2012 11:45:03 AM CFD rlz!

Fire-EMS