SANTIAGO, Chile — This is the horrific moment a man performing acrobatics on the top of an electricity pylon was electrocuted.
The man, named only as Miguel, touched one of the high-voltage cables with his legs as he swung back and forth on the beams yesterday.
The contact with the live wires killed him instantly, to the horror of onlookers who had gathered to watch the scene. Emergency services in the Chilean capital of Santiago had been called after he was spotted 'playing around' on the pylon.
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
Russ GregstonThursday, January 10, 2013 7:01:40 AMStupid is as stupid does.
Russ GregstonThursday, January 10, 2013 7:04:47 AMIf you watch this video be forewarned it's very graphic!
Steven JacksonThursday, January 10, 2013 1:10:15 PMLOL, Darwin wins another round!
William RayThursday, January 10, 2013 1:51:47 PMthe guys on the bicylces don't look all that concerned, contrary to the description.
Milo SebastianThursday, January 10, 2013 3:21:42 PM@doug gambill...yep...nothing an ignorant texas gun nut like you does better than toss out an anti Obama statement that proves he is a drolling idiot that collects guns to make up for a spectacularly small penis...
Pete GravellThursday, January 10, 2013 3:39:30 PMWhat an Electrifying performance!
Brian MatzenFriday, January 11, 2013 5:56:57 AMHmm... perhaps he should have stuck to the monkey bars.
Chris RobinsonSaturday, January 12, 2013 3:42:04 AMThis Video would have been way better if that guy had peed on the wire.