Video: Firefighters honor boy's dying wish

The boy, who was battling Mitochondrial Disease, died at the age of four

By Leigh Ann Towne
Fox 17

STANTON, Mich. — A tiny white casket was set on top of a Stanton Fire Truck Monday, as the Montcalm County Fireman’s Honor Guard drove the body of 4 year-old Breylon Senn, of Howard City, through town.

Breylon died on Friday, February 15, 2013, after fighting Mitochondrial Disease since he was an infant. The disease attacks the mitochondria of the cells, killing of organs and leaving the victim very weak.

Usually, the fire truck honor is reserved for retired or current firefighters who pass away, but Lt. Brandon Stowell said that because of the circumstances, they extended the honor to Brey; it was his wish.

Full story: Firemen Honor 4 Year-old Montcalm County Boy’s Dying Wish

Comments
Paul Andrew Paul Andrew Wednesday, February 20, 2013 1:36:40 PM FANTASTIC JOB, FIREFIGHTERS!
Laurie Ashton Laurie Ashton Wednesday, February 20, 2013 4:36:41 PM Good job Firefighters.
Laurie Ashton Laurie Ashton Wednesday, February 20, 2013 4:38:14 PM my husband was a firefighter but now he has passed away......
Mickey Marian Mickey Marian Wednesday, February 20, 2013 4:51:27 PM Rest in peace little man....another angel has fought the good fight!
Tina Deluca-Guss Tina Deluca-Guss Wednesday, February 20, 2013 4:57:46 PM wow that broke my heart. Great job to all those involved in honoring this little boys wishes. prayers go out to the family..
Joseph Warne Joseph Warne Wednesday, February 20, 2013 6:02:39 PM He had impact on his community as a child and its our job to honor his wishes. Great job Stanton FD
Catello Battinelli Catello Battinelli Wednesday, February 20, 2013 6:16:02 PM Rest in peace.
Don Nizinski Don Nizinski Wednesday, February 20, 2013 7:25:21 PM Nice touch guys!
Pedro Juan Torres Pedro Juan Torres Wednesday, February 20, 2013 7:42:09 PM FROM THIS FIREMAN IN NJ R.I.P. FIREFIGHTER LET YOUR BROTHER FIREFIGHTERS TAKE OVER THE FIGHT NOW YOU REST WE WILL FIGHT FOR YOU.
Mary Mckenzie Mary Mckenzie Wednesday, February 20, 2013 8:06:15 PM THE FAMILY IS IN MY PARYERS.
Mary Mckenzie Mary Mckenzie Wednesday, February 20, 2013 8:07:31 PM AND OUT TO THE FIRE FIGHTERS TOO FOR HELPING OUT.
Johnny Cody Johnny Cody Wednesday, February 20, 2013 8:08:43 PM God bless him.
Richard Martin Richard Martin Thursday, February 21, 2013 2:19:26 AM Fire Fighters Always honor our Brothers, Young or Old.
Lester Barber Lester Barber Thursday, February 21, 2013 4:03:10 AM I am a volunteer fire fighter in Springville pa. it brought tears to my eyes when I seen this story.. and I am very proud to see the fire fighters grant him his wish to go on the fire truck.. good job guys I am so pround.
Lane Solon Lane Solon Thursday, February 21, 2013 5:19:34 AM So proud of my brother Firefighters. Had tears in my eyes not just for this brave little boy and his family but also for the pride I feel being a member of the bravest and the most caring and unselfish group of people on the earth. We truly recognize courage and bravery no matter what the age or situation. I'm sure brave Breylon is happily playing ball with all our Brothers who are watching over us. Career in NJ...
Justin Miketa Justin Miketa Thursday, February 21, 2013 6:05:44 AM R.I.P Brother Baden Vol Fire Dept Station 47, Beaver County, PA.
Keith Casey Keith Casey Thursday, February 21, 2013 6:17:58 AM great job firefighters for honoring his wish.
Ray Vanek Ray Vanek Thursday, February 21, 2013 7:14:46 AM RIP little Firefighter. Great job brotherhood.
Pam Meehan Pam Meehan Thursday, February 21, 2013 7:49:08 AM so so sad, but an honour for a beautiful little boy.
Mott Dorn Mott Dorn Thursday, February 21, 2013 8:02:33 AM IF this don't bring teirs to you then you do not have a HEART!
Jerry Buck Jerry Buck Thursday, February 21, 2013 8:30:51 AM I worked with some of these firefighters, GREAT BUNCH OF BROTHERS AND SISTERS.I want to thank ALL of you for this.
George Garvick George Garvick Thursday, February 21, 2013 10:22:31 AM Rest in peace my little firefighter, you are in God's hands now.
Ray Vanek Ray Vanek Thursday, February 21, 2013 10:25:18 AM Laurie Ashton, Sorry for your loss. Once a Firefighter ALWAYS a Firefighter.
Randy Malay Randy Malay Thursday, February 21, 2013 11:53:08 AM RIP well done firefighters!
Tom Kelly Tom Kelly Thursday, February 21, 2013 2:07:24 PM This makes me proud to be a firefighter.
Ralph Frasco Ralph Frasco Thursday, February 21, 2013 4:41:41 PM God Bless this little one! Great job firefighters.
David Roberts David Roberts Thursday, February 21, 2013 7:00:45 PM Thanks Brothers
Dan Bennis Dan Bennis Saturday, February 23, 2013 11:38:27 AM Well done. He deserved this honor

Fire-EMS