|FireRescue1 Press Release|
May 15, 2012
NFPA Journal Offers Added Digital Version with Latest Edition
May 11, 2012 – NFPA Journal®, the official magazine of the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), has now made it easier than ever to keep up with fire and life safety news by offering a newly developed digital version that makes stories and information more accessible. The May/June digital version is available through the NFPA website and offers hot-linked content from the print version. A special branded app will be available through the Apple App Store in June.This issue focuses on the upcoming NFPA Conference & Expo (June 11-14, 2012) with highlights on code changes, educational sessions and special events, including:
- “Hell and Back”, the New York City Fire Department’s Jay Jonas’ return to the World Trade Center site in which he talks about his remarkable escape on 9/11, and how the day forever altered the fire service. (video)
- “Giant Steps” covers two key fire service standards (NFPA 1500 & NFPA 1582) that feature important changes aimed at occupational safety and medical issues for firefighters. (video)
- “13 x 13 x 13” lists 13 things you need to know about the 2013 edition of NFPA 13.
- “Signal Concern” details the large and complex issue of unwanted alarms as the primary focus of changes to the new edition of NFPA 72, along with requirements for testing and maintaining alarm systems.
- “Sprinklered Menagerie?” discusses the upcoming NFPA members’ vote on NFPA 150 to require sprinklers in all animal housing facilities. (video)
- “Eye on Health Care” is a walk through of all the health care-related offerings at the Las Vegas Conference & Expo.
About the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA)
NFPA is a worldwide leader in fire, electrical, building, and life safety. The mission of the international nonprofit organization founded in 1896 is to reduce the worldwide burden of fire and other hazards on the quality of life by providing and advocating consensus codes and standards, research, training, and education.