Battery 'blows up' on apparatus at Mass. fire station
No one was hurt, but everyone was startled
By J.P. Ellery
The Telegram & Gazette
EAST BROOKFIELD, Mass. — A little excitement occurred Saturday night for the town's fire department. Chief Peter Livermore told selectmen Monday that one of the batteries in Engine Number 1 "blew up." The unit is equipped with four batteries.
"I think there was a short circuit and it arced," the chief said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.