Menomonee Falls, WI — Before the availability of Airspace Monitors there may have been an argument that the cost and complexity of maintaining electro chemical monitors was prohibitive for this use. The low cost and simplicity of the Airspace Monitors reverses that argument - can you afford not to protect your people? The stories below tell the story.
Ripon, WI: Paramedics were called to rescue several teens who called 911 extremely ill. They acknowledged they had been drinking. Airspace CO monitors alerted the paramedics to the presence of Carbon Monoxide. The care to the teens was redirected and a search of the home found the parents asleep and unresponsive. This call would very likely have resulted in a dramatically worse outcome if the team did not have CO monitors with them.
Mishicot, WI: An EMS crew responding to a call from a late 50’s male experiencing a heavy chest and difficulty breathing were alerted to CO upon entry by the Airspace CO monitors they carry into every call. More appropriate care was given to the patient – and more importantly everyone was evacuated from the home without further harm. Very high levels of CO were later found due to a furnace vent begin blocked by snow and ice.
Marshfield, WI: An EMS crew responded to a call from a late 50’s male in a local motel experiencing a heavy chest and difficulty breathing. The crew had just received new Airspace CO monitors. The CO alarm allowed them to address a significant CO issue in much of the motel. A better outcome was achieved for the patient, harm was avoided to other motel residents and none of the crew was exposed.
Stevens Point, WI: An EMS crew responding to a call for a sick child were alerted to CO upon entry by their Airspace Monitor alarming. Again, the patient received appropriate care, the EMS crew was not exposed and a larger catastrophe very likely was avoided by learning of the CO problem before they all went to sleep there that night.
Further evidence of the need: The CDC identified 15,200 cases of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning that weren’t diagnosed until after admittance to an emergency room in 2003. By 2007 that had grown to over 50,000 cases found through greater awareness and more testing for CO.
The AMA believes there are still as many as 100,000 case of CO poisoning that are never diagnosed every year, just in the United States.
An additional benefit: Carrying carbon monoxide monitors has allowed first responders to identify lower levels of CO they would not have been aware of without monitors. Patients aren’t returned to an unsafe environment and the problem in the building can be corrected before it becomes catastrophic.
About Airspace Monitoring Systems
AMS is committed to leading the industry in affordable gas sensing technology. We are continually investigating new technologies, and new ways to use existing technologies, to bring the most advanced and affordable products to our customers.