Photo: Firefighter builds son fire truck bed

After noticing how much his son loved playing in his fire truck, the firefighter dad built his son his own apparatus

After noticing that his son loved playing in his fire truck, this single dad and firefighter decided to build his son his own apparatus.

Uploading images of the makeshift fire truck bed to popular site Imgur on Monday, the pictures have already received close to 200,000 views.

Request product info from top Apparatus companies.
First: *
Last: *
Department: *
Department size: *
Email: *
Zip Code: *
Telephone: *
I recommend or purchase products for my Department: *
Purchasing Timeframe: *
*Required Field

The firefighter says his son's bed has its own pump panel with parts taken off of a salvage truck with a switch panel that " controls all of the lights on top as well as a siren sound that was stolen out of an old toy firetruck he had broken."

Inside the truck bed is 20-inch monitor that streams television and movies, a ventilation fan, and even a radio to listen to fire dispatch.

Comments
Kevin Patton Kevin Patton Thursday, February 21, 2013 9:16:30 AM that is the coolest bed iv'e ever seen.
David H. Young David H. Young Thursday, February 21, 2013 9:22:27 AM I've got to get one of these! My daughter saw it and said "Daddy, I want the firefire truck!"
Travis Chaulk Travis Chaulk Thursday, February 21, 2013 9:28:16 AM This is Excellent!
James Cooner James Cooner Thursday, February 21, 2013 9:34:18 AM How do you build it?
Mickey Marian Mickey Marian Thursday, February 21, 2013 9:34:21 AM This is so cool....
Shelly Graeber Shelly Graeber Thursday, February 21, 2013 9:56:36 AM Ryon Hartwig - LOOK....
Terry Nance Terry Nance Thursday, February 21, 2013 10:05:54 AM my son is a new dad and his little girl would love this.
Laura Sones Laura Sones Thursday, February 21, 2013 10:06:43 AM that cool
Thomas Michael Santosus Thomas Michael Santosus Thursday, February 21, 2013 10:38:14 AM I want this as well.
Thomas Michael Santosus Thomas Michael Santosus Thursday, February 21, 2013 10:38:28 AM can u make me one and ill pay.
Justin Perez Justin Perez Thursday, February 21, 2013 11:02:34 AM awesome!
Tim Gordy Tim Gordy Thursday, February 21, 2013 11:14:03 AM Man that is cool.
Jason Nelson Jason Nelson Thursday, February 21, 2013 11:38:03 AM Awesome!!!!!!
Alaine G. Taylor Alaine G. Taylor Thursday, February 21, 2013 12:09:19 PM I think this is wonderful, wish I could get a set of the plans for this bed, My grandson would just love it.
April Myers-Southard April Myers-Southard Thursday, February 21, 2013 12:19:57 PM My 4 yr old would love to have one of these.
Scott Ladner Scott Ladner Thursday, February 21, 2013 1:05:52 PM where do I find the plans? I want one for myself, and I may or may not let my son play with it.
Mary Pack Mary Pack Thursday, February 21, 2013 1:27:16 PM LOVE LOVE LOVE!
Debbie Jacobs Stevenson Debbie Jacobs Stevenson Thursday, February 21, 2013 1:36:45 PM That is AWESOME!
Jeff Yule Jeff Yule Thursday, February 21, 2013 2:27:14 PM God bless Dads!
Dennis Roberts Dennis Roberts Thursday, February 21, 2013 6:57:29 PM Build by a loving father for his wonderful son. Great work dad.
Robert Bartlett Robert Bartlett Friday, February 22, 2013 3:59:24 PM That's a pretty neet bed.My nephew would love to have a bed like that.Good job....
Casey Clark Casey Clark Friday, February 22, 2013 4:31:27 PM Bad A**! I so want this for both my kids!
Neil La Croix Neil La Croix Sunday, February 24, 2013 2:28:46 PM So freaking cool!
Marie-Gisele Ares Marie-Gisele Ares Sunday, February 24, 2013 3:40:39 PM Wow... I love this... wish I was able to build this for my lil guy... I think Brittany might like one too... hehehe
Judi Briggman Wagner Judi Briggman Wagner Monday, March 04, 2013 4:57:13 PM WOW111 He thought of everythingm=, it really looks awesome!
George Ward George Ward Tuesday, March 19, 2013 11:18:47 PM Don't sell yourself short, it really wasn't hard. You can do it ;)
George Ward George Ward Tuesday, March 19, 2013 11:20:22 PM Thanks for all of the kind words guys. I hope you all enjoyed the pictures as much as my son enjoys the bed!
Dana Ellison Dana Ellison Wednesday, July 03, 2013 6:48:08 PM I need to get one of these for my son.
Mike Howe Mike Howe Wednesday, July 03, 2013 9:12:26 PM Hey Dad, you could make some good extra Money building those. I bet a lot of people would buy one.
James Buttleman James Buttleman Thursday, July 04, 2013 9:17:15 AM Fire Truck Bed Plans- http://ana-white.com/2012/03/plans/fire-truck-loft-bed. Fire Station Bed Plans- http://ana-white.com/2011/11/fire-station-loft-bed.
David Asbill David Asbill Thursday, July 04, 2013 3:30:49 PM my grandsons would love this.