This fire incident took place in a combination retail and warehouse occupancy, most likely a farm supply type of business. In reviewing the video you'll notice that the warehouse facility — located on the D Side has already been completely destroyed.
The first 5 minutes or so of the video is an excellent example of how fire makes progress in taking control of an ordinary construction, that is, masonry walls supporting a roof structure that's likely built with lightweight trusses of steel or wood.
- What tactical challenges are presented to the first-alarm personnel on scene?
- What would be your size-up of the incident?
- What information would you communicate with your size-up radio report to your other responding resources?
- What would be your incident action plan?
- What are the environmental conservation measures that should be considered under the Incident Priority of Property Conservation?