DIY firefighting doesn't pay: Australian couple's house burns

Noticed small fire in ceiling previous night, thought they had extinguished it


By Ashleigh Perriot
Canberra Times

CANBERRA, Australia — Home owners have been warned against do-it-yourself firefighting after two "extremely lucky" Pearce residents escaped a house fire early yesterday.

Neighbours called 000 just after 7am after a passerby noticed the Charlton Street residence's chimney was alight. Fire crews responded quickly, extinguishing the chimney and parts of the roof that had caught fire.

LexisNexis Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.   
Terms and Conditions Privacy Policy

Full story: DIY firefighting doesn't pay: Australian couple's house burns

Request product info from top Suppression Equipment companies

Thank You!

= required Error occured while sending data

  1. Tags
  2. Fire Prevention

Join the discussion