Make this page my home page
  1. Drag the home icon in this panel and drop it onto the "house icon" in the tool bar for the browser

  2. Select "Yes" from the popup window and you're done!

Print Comment RSS

10 taken to hospital in Iowa after carbon monoxide leak

By WHOTV.com (Iowa)
 
DES MOINES, Iowa A generator in the basement of a home near the Iowa State Fairgrounds in Des Moines is being blamed for sending 10 people to the hospital.

Fire department officials say the generator caused headaches, nausea and dizziness among 10 people, all of whom were treated for exposure to the potentially deadly carbon monoxide fumes.

One of the victims was Nancy Walker, of Des Moines. Walker says she couldn't do anything but crawl to the front door of her home when she woke up yesterday. She credits her husband's alarm clock -- which went off because he needed to go to work -- with waking her up before she and her husband had taken in too much of the poisonous gas.

Full Story




Comments
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
No comments

FireRescue1 Offers

Fire Rehab
Fire Rehab

Sponsored by

Connect with FireRescue1

Mobile Apps Facebook Twitter Google+

Get the #1 Fire eNewsletter

Fire Newsletter Sign up for our FREE email roundup of the top news, tips, columns, videos and more, sent 3 times weekly
Enter Email
See Sample