Make this page my home page
  1. Drag the home icon in this panel and drop it onto the "house icon" in the tool bar for the browser

  2. Select "Yes" from the popup window and you're done!

Print Comment RSS

Tortoises' heating pad sets garage ablaze in Calif.

Firefighter treated, released for heat exhaustion

By Ellen Huet
San Francisco Chronical

SAN FRANCISCO — An Alameda County Fire Department firefighter was treated for minor injuries suffered in battling a garage fire Tuesday in Castro Valley that was sparked by a malfunctioning heating pad for a pair of tortoises, officials said.

The fire began in a detached garage on the 17400 block of Almond Road around 3 a.m., said Battalion Chief Dan O'Hara of the Alameda County Fire Department.

Full story: Tortoises' heating pad sets garage ablaze in Calif.




Comments
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
No comments

FireRescue1 Offers

Fire Rehab
Fire Rehab

Sponsored by

Connect with FireRescue1

Mobile Apps Facebook Twitter Google+

Get the #1 Fire eNewsletter

Fire Newsletter Sign up for our FREE email roundup of the top news, tips, columns, videos and more, sent 3 times weekly
Enter Email
See Sample