36-year-old Capt. dies of apparent heart attack

Capt. Chris Good died at his home after battling a house fire

WEST GOSHEN, Pa. — Capt. Chris Good died at his home Wednesday after battling a house fire the previous afternoon. Good was 36 years old and leaves behind a wife and three children.

Capt. Good served the Good Will (Pa.) Fire Company since 2002. Capt. Good had previously served as a lieutenant with the Lionville (Pa.) Fire Company. Chris was well known throughout the Chester County emergency services community. Capt. Good was employed as a career firefighter with Arcelor Mittal Steel Fire Department.

Firefighter Close Calls reports that Good's wife found him in cardiac arrest. CPR was administered and EMS personnel responded, but were unable to review him.

Capt. Good was to head to N.J. this weekend to assist with storm damages.

Good Will Fire Company is an all-volunteer department that is part of the West Chester Fire Department and serves five townships and one borough.

Anyone wishing to make a tax deductible donation to the family can do so via the Chester County Hero Fund, c/o Chris Good, 820 Heatherstone Drive, Berwyn, PA 19312. Information for the fund can be found at http://chestercountyherofund.com.

Comments
Donna Graham Hammond Donna Graham Hammond Friday, November 23, 2012 11:21:39 AM Prayers for family and friends. Rest easy, brother
James Jetzke James Jetzke Friday, November 23, 2012 12:01:39 PM R. I. P Brother
Joshua Carbon Joshua Carbon Friday, November 23, 2012 12:08:10 PM Prayers for his family and Children.
Geno Levesque Sr. Geno Levesque Sr. Friday, November 23, 2012 12:16:55 PM Prayers to the family and there Dept...
Austin Schmitt Austin Schmitt Friday, November 23, 2012 12:20:38 PM RIP Brother
Bruce Solomon Sr. Bruce Solomon Sr. Friday, November 23, 2012 12:32:10 PM R.I.P Brother may the angels look after you and your family.
John Sboros John Sboros Friday, November 23, 2012 12:47:38 PM R.I.P Brother! Thoughts & Prayers for the family!
Misty Norman Levesque Misty Norman Levesque Friday, November 23, 2012 12:54:23 PM So sad.
Bob Morrison Bob Morrison Friday, November 23, 2012 1:01:02 PM R. I. P my friend, prayers to your friends and family at home.
Shirley Culver Shirley Culver Friday, November 23, 2012 1:11:29 PM God be with you, just lean on him at this time.
Kurtis Cook Kurtis Cook Friday, November 23, 2012 1:47:01 PM RIP brother!
Mike Odell Mike Odell Friday, November 23, 2012 1:54:40 PM R.I.P. Brother you gave all.
Joey Jbd Pagnano Joey Jbd Pagnano Friday, November 23, 2012 3:06:53 PM Rest In Peace Brother.
Teresa Wallace Pearson Teresa Wallace Pearson Friday, November 23, 2012 3:24:52 PM my heart goes out to the family I know how it is as a wife of a fireman my prayers go to his wife and children R.I.P. CHRIS GOOD
Charles Tye Charles Tye Friday, November 23, 2012 3:37:07 PM RIP Brother We will continue the battle!
Judy Grona-Lucht Judy Grona-Lucht Friday, November 23, 2012 3:37:57 PM Prayers and thoughts go out to the family and peers
Ronnie Cordero Ronnie Cordero Friday, November 23, 2012 4:09:22 PM RIP Capt.
James Leiner James Leiner Friday, November 23, 2012 5:07:29 PM A job well done Brother...R.I.P....I pray your friends and family will remember you for all the wonderful efforts you made for your community.
Miriam Ramos Miriam Ramos Friday, November 23, 2012 6:37:58 PM my prayers gose out to him and family sorry
Tom Kelly Tom Kelly Saturday, November 24, 2012 1:57:46 PM RIP