Firefighters cut through metal bars to save man
The man was trapped in his burning bedroom
By Patrick Preston
GRESHAM, Ore. – Firefighters freed a man from his burning mobile home Thursday night, but first they had to saw through metal bars on a window.
According to Gresham Fire Battalion Chief Mark Maunder, the man was trying to save his cats and got trapped in a bedroom.
"The message here if you got a fire in your house, you need to get out," he said. "This is an example where somebody tries to do what they think is right, and they get trapped in a back bedroom – almost cost him his life."
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.