Firefighters escape injury when hydraulic failure sends aerial into live wire

Fire chief says this mishap is a result of an aging fleet


By Christin Coyne
The Weatherford Democrat 

WEATHERFORD, Texas — The Weatherford fire marshal believes a homeless man’s activities in the basement of a vacant Weatherford ISD building likely led to a blaze late Wednesday night that destroyed the single-story structure.

Weatherford firefighters received a call of smoke in the area after 10 p.m. Wednesday and found heavy, thick, black smoke coming from the eaves of a single-story building in the 100 block of North Denton Street, officials said.

LexisNexis Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.   
Terms and Conditions Privacy Policy

Full story: Firefighters escape injury when hydraulic failure sends aerial into live wire

  1. Tags
  2. Apparatus
  3. Fire Department Management

Recommended Safety

Join the discussion