Make this page my home page
  1. Drag the home icon in this panel and drop it onto the "house icon" in the tool bar for the browser

  2. Select "Yes" from the popup window and you're done!

Print Comment RSS

Student severely burned in chemical fire

The class was conducting experiments with hexane, a hydrocarbon found in gasoline

PULLMAN, Wash. — A laboratory experiment at Washington State University went awry Friday, igniting a chemical fire and severely burning a student.

Firefighters quickly extinguished the 2:22 p.m. blaze on the fifth floor of Fulmer Hall, the university's chemistry building, according to the Pullman Fire Department.

Witnesses told investigators that students were conducting experiments with hexane, a hydrocarbon found in gasoline.

Full story: Student severely burned in chemical fire




Comments
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
No comments

FireRescue1 Offers

Hazards and Hazmat
Hazards and Hazmat

Sponsored by

Connect with FireRescue1

Mobile Apps Facebook Twitter Google+

Get the #1 Fire eNewsletter

Fire Newsletter Sign up for our FREE email roundup of the top news, tips, columns, videos and more, sent 3 times weekly
Enter Email
See Sample