New Indian Express
ARIYALUR, India — A school boy lost his life and three others sustained severe injuries when fire broke out in a cracker factory near Keezhapazhuvur on Sunday.
The factory, located on the Keezhapazhuvur-Poyyur Road, was manufacturing and marketing country-made crackers. To cater to the season's requirements, the factory had put up a sales outlet some distance away.
On Sunday noon, fire broke out in the explosives godown attached to the factory. As the blaze spread to the sales outlet, the whole stock of crackers exploded and the buildings in the area suffered damages.
S Sakthivel (12), a Std-VII student of Keezhapazhuvur, who was at the outlet to buy crackers, suffered a shock and fainted as he witnessed the accident. He was rushed to the government hospital here, but died on the way.
Muthusamy (39) of Keezhapahuvur, Navamani (42) of Siruvalur and Ezhilarasi, owner of the factory, were injured. All the three have been admitted to the government hospital here.
Fire and Rescue Services personnel from Ariyalur Fire Station put out the fire.
Keezhapazhuvur police registered a case against Ezhilarasi and have taken up investigation.
Copyright 2012 Expressbuzz.
All Rights Reserved