PORT MACQUARIE, Australia — Firefighters face enough crap on the job without getting drenched in raw sewage.
That's what happened to 29 firefighters in rural Australia after a water-bombing helicopter mistakenly sprayed partially-treated sewage onto them while they were battling a blaze near the city of Port Macquarie, according to the Sydney Morning Herald.
The sewage was scooped up by a chopper from a treatment pool and when it emptied the excrement-soaked H2O on to the blaze, the poo goo also splashed the firemen and their equipment, according to Cam Baker, the Rural Fire Service regional fire controller.
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
John ChamberlinTuesday, November 20, 2012 1:26:55 PMa fire fighters worst nightmear.
Carol AnnTuesday, March 11, 2014 2:11:48 PMCHLORINE GAS TRANSPORTATION SAFETY
First Responders ask federal administrations to consider adding secondary containment to rail tank cars used to transport chlorine gas, providing lifesaving safety to First Responders and the public they serve. See First Responders Comments at PETITION C KIT.