Make this page my home page
  1. Drag the home icon in this panel and drop it onto the "house icon" in the tool bar for the browser

  2. Select "Yes" from the popup window and you're done!

Print Comment RSS

Dog saves owner, dies in Ga. fire

3-year-old boxer, Duncan, woke Scott Dunn as room filled with smoke; Dunn escaped, but Duncan died of smoke inhalation

By Mike Morris and John Spink
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

MARIETTA, Ga. — A Marietta man is grieving his 3 1/2-year-old boxer — the "best dog in the world" — who saved him from his burning home but perished in the fire early Tuesday.

Scott Dunn's home in the Blackwell community near the intersection of Chastain and Canton roads caught fire around 3:30 a.m. Tuesday. When Cobb firefighters arrived, the brick ranch-style house was already engulfed in flames.

Dunn said he wasn't feeling well Monday night and fell asleep on his sofa after watching the kickoff of the Monday night football game, his dog, Duncan, fast by his side.

Full story: Dog dies after alerting owner to Cobb house fire

The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
Tim LaRouche Tim LaRouche Thursday, September 20, 2012 4:08:05 PM This dog should get the medal of honor.
Tim LaRouche Tim LaRouche Thursday, October 03, 2013 3:57:27 PM Full story: Dog dies after alerting owner to Cobb house fire Full Real story: Dog dies after savng owner's Life from fire

FireRescue1 Offers


Sponsored by

Connect with FireRescue1

Mobile Apps Facebook Twitter Google+

Get the #1 Fire eNewsletter

Fire Newsletter Sign up for our FREE email roundup of the top news, tips, columns, videos and more, sent 3 times weekly
Enter Email
See Sample