Firefighters save woman from house fire
The 99-year-old woman was trapped in her home when the kitchen caught fire
SCRANTON, Pa. — Firefighters had to help a 99-year-old woman leave her house when a fire started on the kitchen stove and spread to the cabinets of her Monroe Avenue home Tuesday night.
Assistant Scranton Fire Chief Paul Laskowski said the home at 733 Monroe Ave. sustained only minor damage and that the woman, whose name was not disclosed, was allowed to return to her home after the fire.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Firefighters save woman from house fire
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.