Make this page my home page
  1. Drag the home icon in this panel and drop it onto the "house icon" in the tool bar for the browser

  2. Select "Yes" from the popup window and you're done!

Print Comment RSS

Toxic gas forces evacuation at Pa. apartments

Two people were hospitalized because of the high CO levels

The Philadelphia Inquirer

POTTSTOWN, Pa. — Fire officials in Montgomery County said high carbon monoxide levels in a Pottstown apartment was responsible for sending two people to the hospital and the evacuation of 30 others.

Just before 5 a.m., police were called to the 25 N. Franklin Street complex by hospital officials alerting them to a possible problem. Earlier a man and woman had driven themselves to the hospital. Medical tests revealed high reading for the toxic gas, said Fire Chief Richard Lengel.

Full story: Toxic gas forces evacuation at Pa. apartments




Comments
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
No comments

FireRescue1 Offers

Rescue
Rescue

Sponsored by

Connect with FireRescue1

Mobile Apps Facebook Twitter Google+

Get the #1 Fire eNewsletter

Fire Newsletter Sign up for our FREE email roundup of the top news, tips, columns, videos and more, sent 3 times weekly
Enter Email
See Sample