Make this page my home page
  1. Drag the home icon in this panel and drop it onto the "house icon" in the tool bar for the browser

  2. Select "Yes" from the popup window and you're done!

Print Comment RSS

Firefighters save blind dog

Preliminary investigation shows the home had no working smoke alarms

By Dan Morse
The Washington Post

ACCOKEEK, Md. — When fire broke out in a home in the Maryland community of Accokeek on Saturday, Coco couldn’t see it. He is a tiny Shiatsu, and he is blind.

It was a serious fire, enough to prompt two occupants to escape. Firefighters from Prince George’s and Charles County counties arrived and spent 20 minutes knocking down the bulk of the fire, officials said. But no Coco.

Firefighters found him in the kitchen, carried him out and handed him to an EMS crew that provided aid, fire officials said. The dog chugged down a “a few breaths of oxygen,” appeared to be fine, and was reunited with his owners, fire officials said.

Full story: Firefighters save blind dog




Comments
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
No comments

FireRescue1 Offers

Rescue
Rescue

Sponsored by

Connect with FireRescue1

Mobile Apps Facebook Twitter Google+

Get the #1 Fire eNewsletter

Fire Newsletter Sign up for our FREE email roundup of the top news, tips, columns, videos and more, sent 3 times weekly
Enter Email
See Sample