Make this page my home page
  1. Drag the home icon in this panel and drop it onto the "house icon" in the tool bar for the browser

  2. Select "Yes" from the popup window and you're done!

Print Comment RSS

Firefighters save woman from house fire

The 99-year-old woman was trapped in her home when the kitchen caught fire

The Times-Tribune

SCRANTON, Pa. — Firefighters had to help a 99-year-old woman leave her house when a fire started on the kitchen stove and spread to the cabinets of her Monroe Avenue home Tuesday night.

Assistant Scranton Fire Chief Paul Laskowski said the home at 733 Monroe Ave. sustained only minor damage and that the woman, whose name was not disclosed, was allowed to return to her home after the fire.

Full story: Firefighters save woman from house fire

The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.

FireRescue1 Offers

Search and Rescue
Search and Rescue

Sponsored by

Connect with FireRescue1

Mobile Apps Facebook Twitter Google+

Get the #1 Fire eNewsletter

Fire Newsletter Sign up for our FREE email roundup of the top news, tips, columns, videos and more, sent 3 times weekly
Enter Email
See Sample