2019 Year in Review
With 2019 coming to a close, it’s time to reflect on some of the big moments of the year. The stories are heartwarming, like the firefighter amputee who returned to work and the rescue of many animals from harm’s way. The stories are dramatic, like the rescue of children from a structure fire in St. Louis and the near-miss moments in which firefighters thought “this is it.” We hear from the four female fire chiefs in the National Capital Region, marking a significant step toward increased diversity in a traditionally male-dominated industry, and fire service leaders share their predictions for the year ahead.
- 12 remarkable saves from 2023
- Watch: Va. house explodes as police try to serve search warrant
- Video: Texas firefighters rescue driver trapped in box truck dangling off side of bridge
- Union: Kan. dispatchers didn’t relay GPS coordinates of trapped victim to FFs
- Top 20 stats from the What Firefighters Want in 2023 survey