2019 Year in Review
With 2019 coming to a close, it’s time to reflect on some of the big moments of the year. The stories are heartwarming, like the firefighter amputee who returned to work and the rescue of many animals from harm’s way. The stories are dramatic, like the rescue of children from a structure fire in St. Louis and the near-miss moments in which firefighters thought “this is it.” We hear from the four female fire chiefs in the National Capital Region, marking a significant step toward increased diversity in a traditionally male-dominated industry, and fire service leaders share their predictions for the year ahead.
- 19 animal rescues in 2019
- An ordinary day with extraordinary results: Detailing the St. Louis child rescues
- 2019 year-end bill watch: Fire service-focused bills readied for action
- The 2010s can’t end soon enough for public safety
- 2020 trends: Fire service leaders predict what’s ahead in the new year