Hearing set for man who tried to run over firefighters with his car
Firefighters were attempting put out a fire at the man's house; the fire is considered suspicious
By Brad Kellar
The Greenville Herald-Banner
GREENVILLE, Texas — A Hunt County man is seeking an attorney to represent him on charges he attempted to run over firefighters who were trying to save his home last month.
William Alton Easterling, 70, of West Tawakoni, remains in custody at the Hunt County Jail, charged with aggravated assault against a public servant.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Official: FDNY firefighter may have been jolted from bucket
- NJ fire dept.'s apparatus fleet 'in dire need of replacing'
- Video: Volunteer firefighter-EMT rescues girl who fell out of bus
- Off-duty firefighter hospitalized after being shot multiple times
- More than 200 firefighters battle massive 5-alarm building blaze