Woman who died in fatal Bristol fire started blaze herself
The woman purposely set a car on fire, then became trapped in the garage by the flames
By Ryan McLaughlin
The Bangor Daily News
BRISTOL, Maine — Investigators have determined that a woman who died in a fatal fire in December started the blaze herself.
Lynn Ring, 69, allegedly used gasoline to ignite her vehicle after an argument with her husband, according to Department of Public Safety spokesman Stephen McCausland.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Official: FDNY firefighter may have been jolted from bucket
- NJ fire dept.'s apparatus fleet 'in dire need of replacing'
- Video: Volunteer firefighter-EMT rescues girl who fell out of bus
- Off-duty firefighter hospitalized after being shot multiple times
- More than 200 firefighters battle massive 5-alarm building blaze