1 firefighter injured in 5-alarm pallet storage yard fire
Flames were leaping 80 feet off nearly 3-story-high pallets covering 4 acres
By Sarah Burge
The Press Enterprise
FONTANA, Calif. — Firefighters were at the scene of a raging five-alarm blaze at a pallet yard in Fontana on Saturday night, May 19, that had spread to a neighboring tire storage area, authorities said.
The fire was reported about 6 p.m. in the 14000 block of Slover Avenue near Cherry Avenue south of Interstate 10, said Otto Schramm, a spokesman for the San Bernardino County Fire Department.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Official: FDNY firefighter may have been jolted from bucket
- Man runs back into burning building for 2 cans of beer
- NJ fire dept.'s apparatus fleet 'in dire need of replacing'
- Video: Volunteer firefighter-EMT rescues girl who fell out of bus
- More than 200 firefighters battle massive 5-alarm building blaze