Ethics commission probes Ohio chief's training program
Chief 'illegally' sent township firefighters to train in a program where he taught
By Amelia Robinson
Dayton Daily News
XENIA Twp., Ohio — Xenia Twp.'s fire chief is being investigated by the Ohio Ethics Commission on allegations he illegally sent township firefighters to train in a program where he taught, documents obtained by the Dayton Daily News reveal.
The commission will interview Chief Daryl Meyers about accusations that he may have violated Ohio ethics laws concerning public contract restrictions and supplemental compensation, according to an April 13 letter from the commission acquired Friday after an open records request to the township.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Official: FDNY firefighter may have been jolted from bucket
- Man runs back into burning building for 2 cans of beer
- NJ fire dept.'s apparatus fleet 'in dire need of replacing'
- Video: Volunteer firefighter-EMT rescues girl who fell out of bus
- More than 200 firefighters battle massive 5-alarm building blaze