Firefighters urge residents against trying to fight home fires
Without the proper knowledge, residents can make the fire worse by attempting to extinguish it
The Lancashire Telegraph
BURNLEY, England — Firefighters are urging residents not to tackle fires in their homes unless they know proper techniques.
It comes as a woman had to be treated for smoke inhalation after she tried to put out a toaster fire with a damp cloth and pillow.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
- Fire Prevention
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Official: FDNY firefighter may have been jolted from bucket
- Man runs back into burning building for 2 cans of beer
- NJ fire dept.'s apparatus fleet 'in dire need of replacing'
- Video: Volunteer firefighter-EMT rescues girl who fell out of bus
- More than 200 firefighters battle massive 5-alarm building blaze