Ky. fire department uses grants to build training facility
Construction work is being donated by volunteers
By Stephanie Collins
DANVILLE, Ky. — Boyle County firefighters no longer will have to settle for limited training locations once their new facility opens by summer.
The fire department is eligible to apply for state and federal grants each year, said Lt. Jim Harris, and so far has been given $50,000 toward the project.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Official: FDNY firefighter may have been jolted from bucket
- Man runs back into burning building for 2 cans of beer
- NJ fire dept.'s apparatus fleet 'in dire need of replacing'
- Video: Volunteer firefighter-EMT rescues girl who fell out of bus
- More than 200 firefighters battle massive 5-alarm building blaze