Firefighters rescue man impaled on table leg
Crews had to remove part of the roof of his house to reach him
By Emma Sword
ST. ALBANS, England — Fire crews had to remove part of the roof of a house to get to a man impaled on a table leg in his loft.
Ambulance crews were called to the house in St Albans just after 6pm on Saturday. The man was brought out of the section of roof by firefighters with the metal table leg still attached and taken to St Mary's Paddington Hospital in London.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Firefighters rescue man impaled on table leg
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Official: FDNY firefighter may have been jolted from bucket
- Man runs back into burning building for 2 cans of beer
- NJ fire dept.'s apparatus fleet 'in dire need of replacing'
- Video: Volunteer firefighter-EMT rescues girl who fell out of bus
- More than 200 firefighters battle massive 5-alarm building blaze