LODD: NJ firefighter dies hours after carbon monoxide call
Englishtown Fire Department firefighter Pasquale DiBenedetto was remembered by his colleagues as a big-hearted, selfless man
Duty Death: Pasquale DiBenedetto - [Englishtown, New Jersey]
ENGLISHTOWN, N.J. — A firefighter died Tuesday hours after responding to a call.
NJ.com reported that Englishtown Fire Department firefighter Pasquale “Pete the Pepper” DiBenedetto, 68, suffered a medical emergency hours after responding to a carbon monoxide alarm.
"It's a very big loss," Chief Lou Sarti said. "It's a hole I don't know if we'll be able to fill. We'll never have another Pepper."
DiBenedetto, a 47-year veteran of the department, was remembered by his colleagues as a big-hearted, selfless man.
"He was like everyone's uncle," Sarti said. "He was here every day. He ran a farm, he did car repairs for friends, and he still made time to come to the fire station to respond to calls and take care of the apparatus."
- Line of Duty Death