48 hours of continuous firefighting to halt market blaze
250 firefighters and 50 apparatus worked 2 days to control the blaze thought to be fueled by stored chemicals
The Hindustan Times
NEW DELHI, India — As many as 250 firemen were finally able to douse the blaze at Bhagirath Place market, near Red Fort, after 48 hours of continuous fire-fighting efforts.
The fire that had started around 5.30pm on Thursday at the electrical goods market was declared 'controlled' by the fire department at 2.30pm on Saturday. However, they did not give the cause of fire.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
- Fire Attack
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Official: FDNY firefighter may have been jolted from bucket
- Man runs back into burning building for 2 cans of beer
- NJ fire dept.'s apparatus fleet 'in dire need of replacing'
- Video: Volunteer firefighter-EMT rescues girl who fell out of bus
- More than 200 firefighters battle massive 5-alarm building blaze