Apparatus inspection stickers
By Mark van der Feyst
When inspecting an apparatus, it is important to verified the commercial inspection sticker that certifies that the apparatus has had its annual mechanical inspection. This little sticker may not be obvious at first, but is located somewhere on the driver's side usually on the windshield, the side window or at a different location.
This sticker lets any motor vehicle department inspector know that the fire apparatus is safe for road use. The commercial safety inspection is usually valid for one year from the date of inspection. If the inspection date has expired, take immediate action to remove the apparatus from service until it can be inspected.
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Official: FDNY firefighter may have been jolted from bucket
- Man runs back into burning building for 2 cans of beer
- NJ fire dept.'s apparatus fleet 'in dire need of replacing'
- Video: Volunteer firefighter-EMT rescues girl who fell out of bus
- More than 200 firefighters battle massive 5-alarm building blaze