Video: Firefighters caught in backdraft at house fire

No firefighters were hurt; a mother and her child escaped the home before crews arrived


KSLA.com

TEXARKANA, Ark. — A Texarkana mother and baby are safe after their house caught fire and exploded just after 10 p.m. Wednesday.

When the Texarkana Fire Department arrived at home in the 2000 block of Pearl Street, they found smoke coming from the attic space of the residence. Firefighters say Tasha Pool and her 18-month-old child were asleep inside the house when neighbors began beating on her door, telling her the house was on fire.

Both the mother and child escaped the home before fire crews arrived. As firefighters entered the house, a backdraft blew out the insulation from the house.

Full story: Texarkana firefighters safe after caught in backdraft

Recommended for you

Join the discussion

Copyright © 2019 FireRescue1.com. All rights reserved.