Firefighter seriously burned while clearing yard waste

Officials said the firefighter is in serious, but stable condition after the incident


By FireRescue1 Staff

HEBRON, Ky. — A firefighter is in the hospital after an incident occurred while he was burning trash on fire station grounds.

Cincinatti.com reported that the unnamed firefighter was burning waste in a burn barrel when he used a flammable liquid to initiate the burning, which caused a flash fire, according to fire department officials.

The firefighter suffered second- and third-degree burns on 25 percent of his body.

"We ask for continued support and prayers as he begins his road to recovery," fire officials said in a news release.

Recommended for you

Join the discussion

Copyright © 2019 FireRescue1.com. All rights reserved.