logo for print

Carbon monoxide in home sickens 4 officers, 8 others

Firefighters responded to the scene and found people on the lawn outside the house


Associated Press

MOUNT OLIVE, N.J. — Authorities say 12 people, including four police officers, were sickened by carbon monoxide in a home in New Jersey.

Firefighters responded to the scene about 7:30 p.m. Monday to find people on the lawn outside the house in Mount Olive.

Tyler Wargo, a Flanders fire chief, says sensors detected carbon monoxide of about 1,600 ppm in the home. Five people were taken to a New York hospital.

Wargo says he couldn't comment on the cause, but officials have narrowed it down to something in the home.

Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Recommended for you

Join the discussion

Copyright © 2017 FireRescue1.com. All rights reserved.