Calif. county taps veteran fire officer as interim fire chief
Jeffery Bowman's resume includes 16 years as Anaheim's fire chief and 34 years in the fire service
By Rex Dalton
The Voice of OC
ORANGE COUNTY, Calif. — The Orange County Fire Authority hired a veteran leader Thursday as an interim chief to direct the agency out of a morass of controversies while a permanent chief is recruited.
Jeffrey R. Bowman was unanimously selected by the Fire Authority’s board of directors for a contract that is expected to extend into next year.
Fire Authority spokesman Mike Petro declined Friday to reveal the cost of the contract, saying that would be divulged Tuesday. Sources say Bowman was seeking about $25,000 a month plus a housing allowance; he lives near Escondido in San Diego County.
Full story: Bowman named interim chief of OC Fire Authority
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Official: FDNY firefighter may have been jolted from bucket
- Man runs back into burning building for 2 cans of beer
- NJ fire dept.'s apparatus fleet 'in dire need of replacing'
- Video: Volunteer firefighter-EMT rescues girl who fell out of bus
- More than 200 firefighters battle massive 5-alarm building blaze