Practice your report writing skills
Speaking to an education session at FRI in Denver Thursday, Mary Sovick, owner/instructor of Fireline Training and Consulting, stressed the importance of writing skills. "You need to do the job right – and you must be able to prove it," she said. One easy tip: don't use acronyms like LOC that don't have set meanings. "Abbreviations get us in trouble when we don't have them standardized," said Sovick.
Read the full article.
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Official: FDNY firefighter may have been jolted from bucket
- NJ fire dept.'s apparatus fleet 'in dire need of replacing'
- Video: Volunteer firefighter-EMT rescues girl who fell out of bus
- Off-duty firefighter hospitalized after being shot multiple times
- More than 200 firefighters battle massive 5-alarm building blaze