Maine firefighters seek return to analog radio
By Meghan V. Malloy
The Kennebec Journal
AUGUSTA, Maine — Augusta firefighters are asking to switch emergency radio systems after the new one failed to send Hallowell firefighters to a structure fire Thursday.
The incident is one of three an Augusta firefighters' union cited in a letter Sunday requesting the city switch back from a digital radio system to an analog one.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Maine firefighters seek return to analog radio
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Official: FDNY firefighter may have been jolted from bucket
- Man runs back into burning building for 2 cans of beer
- NJ fire dept.'s apparatus fleet 'in dire need of replacing'
- Video: Volunteer firefighter-EMT rescues girl who fell out of bus
- More than 200 firefighters battle massive 5-alarm building blaze