Firefighters comb rubble for victims at industrial explosion site
2 died and nearly 20 were injured when a health-products plant exploded
The Hamilton Spectator
QUEBEC — Two people were killed as an explosion loud enough to be heard for kilometres ripped through an industrial plant Thursday, triggering a fire that produced a thick, dark cloud of toxic smoke.
The blast and fire sent 19 other people to hospital, some with severe burns. The two victims were found in the rubble of the decimated processing plant.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Official: FDNY firefighter may have been jolted from bucket
- Man runs back into burning building for 2 cans of beer
- NJ fire dept.'s apparatus fleet 'in dire need of replacing'
- Video: Volunteer firefighter-EMT rescues girl who fell out of bus
- More than 200 firefighters battle massive 5-alarm building blaze